Learn to safely do day paddles with your friends or family. This 2 day course will cover solo and assisted rescues, basic navigation, how to make weather decisions, risk assessment and many other useful topics to help you have a fun and safe time on the water. *PREREQUISITE - Paddle Canada basic course or ample experience. (At discretion of instructor.)
Dates, Times, and Location:
- 26-27 March 2022 – Wall Beach Parksville, BC – 08:00-16:30
- May 5-6 – Brickyard Bay, Nanoose, BC – 08:00-16:30
- Cost – $275
- kayak with 2 sealed bulkheads
- pfd with whistle
- throw bag
- paddle float
- marine chart # 3459 (approaches to Nanoose harbour) and waterproof chart case with carabiners to attach to kayak deck
- compass ( preferably folding type with mirror)
- cockpit plotter with string through middle.
*LIMITED AMOUNT OF EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR RENT AT REASONABLE PRICES.
If interested, please fill out form below and I will contact you.