COST OF CLINIC – $79
Location: Westwood Lake, Nanaimo
- April 3,2023 *SOLD OUT*
- April19,2023 10:00-14:00
- FULL NON-REFUNDABLE PAYMENT REQUIRED TO RESERVE ALL CLINICS
*June 1 – September 14 [contact me to determine availability]
This clinic will be 4 hours in duration and is available 7 days a week with a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 6.
If interested, fill out form below and I will contact you.
In this clinic you will learn to:
- Assess risk and how to mitigate that risk by making sound decisions.
- Properly outfit your kayak with safety gear.
- What to bring to have a safe day paddle.
- Prevent capsizes by using a low brace.
- Do a controlled wet exit.
- Do a solo rescue.
- Do an assisted rescue and be rescued in turn by your partner.
- Deal with a hypothermic person.
- Scenarios [if time left we practice what ifs].
Required equipment and gear:
- Kayak with sealed storage hatches.
- PFD [lifejacket] with whistle attached.
- Spray skirt that fits your kayak.
- Paddle float [inflatable floats work best- more buoyancy].
- Throw rope.
- Drysuit or wetsuit.
- Neoprene hat.
- Neoprene gloves.
*Limited supply of equipment and gear available for rent at reasonable rates.